Newebe 0.4.0 and picture sharing
2012/01/14 Leave a comment
Newebe 0.4.0 is out. Here is the changelog.
- Send pictures to your contacts
- Synchronize with your contacts to get all their pictures since last month.
- Time zones are now handled properly, you can interact with people from all over the world without time problem.
- Better rendering for code snippet in micropost application.
- Display embedded youtube video in the preview column when post contains youtube links.
- Display a clear message when profile URL is not set correctly.
- Do not allow password shorter than 4 characters.
- When an object is selected (micropost, picture, activity…) its background changes.
Under the hood
- Now all backend modules have their BDD specifications.
- Refactoring : most of the communications with contacts are extracted in a special client, and activities are managed by the base handler.
- Improved logging.
- Add utils to manage date, file upload, and to make testing easier.
- Add pytz to dependecies.
For the next version, I will focus on the installation script. To be able to install Newebe with one command could really make adoption easier. Then I will work a little bit on security and try to allow user to mix pictures, posts and notes. But before that, I’m going to have a break. So don’t be surprised if the repo don’t move for the next weeks.
Picture application screenshot